Friday, July 6, 2012

Patricia shares some inspiration with us!!

Hi all...Joni here...  Today we have a very special guest for our blog post...remember back in May when we had a crop??  Patricia (aka apanf) won a guest blogger spot...so today she is gracing us with her words and wisdom regarding using Advertising as inspiration.

Patricia:
You often hear how inspiration can be found everywhere- like from fashion, home and garden magazines, and even from the many styles and colors found at Target.  Even though I‘ve tried, I've never been one to find inspiration in these types of places and always just rely on getting my ideas from other’s pages and blogs.
This all changed when I received, a few months ago, the May JCPenney catalog. Do you remember the huge catalog they used to have? It used to be all pictures and item numbers? Well, no longer! What I received in the mail was a streamlined smaller version full of  great colors, great patterns and in particular great title ideas!! I always struggle with title ideas!
 As I read the many captions, I was immediately inspired! I could see pages forming in my head based on these fun titles and slogans. I eagerly awaited the June catalog and I was not disappointed as it had just as many fun titles and ideas as the first! I can happily say, I finally have gotten the connection between outside influences and my scrapbook pages! Don’t just throw away your junk mail, especially your JCPenney catalog- take a look through it and  get inspired! Here are a few layouts I have created that were inspired from the latest JCPenney's catalog!
The catalogs:

The specific ads that were used as inspiration:

And the wonderful layouts that Patricia created using those ads as her inspiration:





Thanks Patricia....wonderful info to share with us!!! 




13 comments:

Donna said...

Thanks Patricia for your inspiration! Love your layouts!

Laura C said...

Great Post Patricia! I have never received the Penneys flyer!

Tami said...

Great ideas here Patricia!

Joni Parker said...

Great post Patricia...very inspiring!!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Way to go Patricia! Awesome job with lots of inspiration! Love seeing HOW you were inspird!! Great post!! :)

Jill said...

What a great idea Patricia! (Heading to my trash to dig out some catalogs I just threw away!) Love the LO's you did with this inspiration!!!

Nathalie said...

Great inspiration Patricia! Your pages are wonderful :)

Angela said...

Great layouts! Fun use of the ads!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous layouts, Patricia!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous layouts, Patricia!

Anonymous said...

Great job, Patricia -- love the red, white and blue!

Mary Jo said...

That is fun and unique inspiration for titles!
Thanks for sharing!!

Alison said...

Great idea for title inspiration!
Alison xx