Thursday, September 6, 2012

Wendy's Wired Challenge - Technique Time 9/6

Welcome everyone, so glad you stopped by for Technique Time.  I love to learn new techniques as you would see if you saw all of my starred items in my google reader or on my Pinterest board.  Even though I love to learn and try new things, I like to really study the techniques before I try them.

Here are some of the links I read up on as I studied... sunbursts!

Once I felt comfortable with the concept I began creating and man do I totally love the trend of sunburst.  Here is a video of how I went about my sunbursts.

 

Here is a sunburst I created using my Jillibean Soup DT kit - Grandma's Lima Bean Soup...
 
Her is another one I created using some of my Jillibean Soup stash and mists...
 
Well it was snagged for publication so here is a small peak of it.
 
 
 
And then one I created using last month's DT kit October Afternoon - Cakewalk; this was the actual design of the paper and I just layered my elements on top of the sunburst.
 

So, your challenge is to get techy with me and try a sunburst pattern!
* create a new layout, 2 cards, or a project for this challenge
* make sure you post your layout in the gallery and leave a link in this post by September 30th.

5 comments:

Sally Cranney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sally Cranney said...

Love your video Wendy! And so many ideas on how to make a sunburst. I saw a video a few weeks ago and have been meaning to try this technique. Looks like it's time to give it a go. Love your thinner sunrays...so clever and darling!

simplykincke said...

I too am in awe of that sunburst look. Thanks for this challenge! Your pages are beautifully awesome.

Jean said...

Great video Wendy!! Love your pages! I will have to try this!

Beeceecreativity said...

really so cool.. love the sunburst